Chevin Bang & Olufsen RT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tour 2009.....not long to go!

3 posters

Go down

Who's going to win the Tour this year?

The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_lcap17%The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_lcap0%The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_lcap67%The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_lcap0%The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_lcap16%The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Empty The Tour 2009.....not long to go!

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:27 am

Well, the time has almost come for us to spend long hot evenings doing something productive instead of cycling around the country living the dream.....like sitting in front of the TV watching the Tour de France! I know I'll be there, sitting on the turbo, riding alongside Carlos as he freewheels up Mont Ventoux, and feeling my age alongside Lance as he breathes through his ears to keep up with Alberto. But what will you be doing? A friend of mine used to tell his wife that he was working late to earn extra money for their summer holiday, while he was actually watching the Tour at another mate's house. She only found out that he hadn't actually earned the extra money when they had to do a runner from a restaurant, and then spent the night in a Greek prison cell when they got caught. I don't think that anyone should try that. He's never been the same since 'Big Kostas' bunked up with him in the cell.

Anyway, here's a bit of fun. Let's find out who's going to win the Tour this year by running a poll. If it works, then there will be a poll attached. If not, the just make your guess below.

Back to top Go down

The Tour 2009.....not long to go! Empty Re: The Tour 2009.....not long to go!

Post  Steve Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm ticking Contador, but my real money is on Cadel Evans this year, or an outside bet of Menchov.
Steve
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Well, I only voted on lance to test the poll. My money's on an alien invasion, but failing that, I'll play it safe with Alberto. If that hobgoblin from Australia wins, then it will at least stop an unknown Italian on EPO from winning.

Having said all that, go Lance! Give that Spanish kid a good wupping!

Back to top Go down

Post  Callum Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:39 pm

ANDY SHLECK!!!
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:49 pm

A good challenger, Andy Schleck will be trying hard this year, but does he have the killer instinct to go with the big engine? Who knows? A classics victory is a good indicator that he'll be up there....and so is riding up Alpe d'huez with a smile on his face. Good choice Callum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Well, now that the tour is underway, if anyone wants to change their mind about who's going to win, let me know. I'll be sticking with Lance. Especially after today!

There's still time for an alien invasion!

Back to top Go down

Post  CYCLINGC Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Well

My money is on Contador.

Podium

Contador yellow

Green Cav

Polkadot god knows
CYCLINGC
CYCLINGC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum